Thursday, October 30, 2008

Muddy Buddy

Matt and I raced the Muddy Buddy in Dallas last weekend. The partner race concept was cool: we shared one mountain bike between the two of us. Matt started the race riding it, and I started out running. About 1.5 miles into the 6-7 mile race, Matt reached an obstacle: a big inflatable. He climbed the cargo net to the top and slid down the slide on the other side. Then he started running, leaving the bike behind. Once I came and completed the obstacle, I jumped on the bike and rode. I passed him just before he reached the next obstacle, where we swapped out again.

So we leapfrogged through the entire race until we arrived at the final obstacle, which had to be completed as a team: the namesake obstruction, a 30-yard mud pit through which we had to crawl.

I had a blast, and we placed really well, too. Check out the photos, especially the aftermath of the mud pit. Look for the mud showing in our teeth when we smile. So fun!

1 comment:

Clint said...

That looks like a blast! The pictures are priceless.